Extended Submission Deadline: January 1, 2022
Exhibition Title: Expedition Antarctica
Curators: Karen Edwards, PhD and Steve Frost
Secret Agenda Art and the Tasai Foundation are partnering to host the world’s first global art exhibition in Antarctica. This record-breaking initiative serves as a way to bring people of all backgrounds together with the goal of helping to co-create a better world.
In addition to bringing people from around the globe together, the Antarctic exhibition will serve as a one-of-a-kind intersection between art and science.
The world is changing in so many ways, which is why we believe great things can happen when we come together. What can we accomplish if artists and scientists unite for climate change? While scientists and scientific thinkers dominate the conversation on climate change and climate action, artists can offer creative solutions and spread climate change awareness to entirely new global audiences. Creating more opportunities for artists and scientists to collaborate can lead to increased awareness and innovation.
Expedition Details: Team Secret Agenda Art will join the 2041 ClimateForce Antarctica Exhibition (March 17 – 28, 2022), led by world-renowned explorer and sustainability expert, Robert Swan.
Selected works will be exhibited on the ship, Ocean Victory, as well as in temporary, pop-up installations on select shore excursions. The exhibition will feature original artwork produced on all seven continents. An important part of the exhibition will include education and outreach by way of virtual, interactive events hosted on a variety of social media platforms. The exhibition will also be live-streamed (as satellite signals permit) to a broad, global audience.
Questions? Please contact Karen Edwards at karen (at) secretagenda.art
- The deadline for submission is January 1, 2022. Artists of selected works will be notified by January 17, 2022.
- Submitting your entry authorizes Secret Agenda to publish your images for purposes of exhibition and show publicity. All artist credits will be included.
- All works must be two-dimensional and rollable or digital. Art should focus on themes related to the environment, sustainability, climate change, nature and/or global connections.
- Digital images submitted should be representative of your work.
- Please include your name in the image file (i.e., LastName_Title).
- Images must be submitted in png, .gif, or .jpg formats only. Your digital file must be a high resolution image of no less than 300 dpi.
- All works must be two-dimensional and rollable.
- Due to expedition logistics, we are currently selecting works that fit within these size guidelines: Minimum size: 10” x 10” (25.4 x 25.4 cm). Maximum size: 20” x 20” (50.8 x 50.8 cm).
- There is no entry fee for submission.
- Works will be subjected to sub-zero temperatures. Exhibition organizers will make every effort to protect the selected works; however, Secret Agenda Art and the expedition team are not responsible for damages that may result due to shipping, travel, weather, or the nature of the exhibition.
- In submitting an entry for the exhibition, you agree, and agree to ensure that all production and distribution companies involved in your submission also agree, to give a non-exclusive, transferrable, fully paid up, worldwide license to Secret Agenda Art solely for its public display of your piece(s) for the duration of the Antarctica exhibition and any online counterparts of the exhibition.
- If you do not want to grant Secret Agenda Art the rights set out above, please do not submit your contribution.
- By submitting an application, you acknowledge that your submission is your original work and in no way a violation of any existing copyright not declared to Secret Agenda Art.
- You further warrant that consent has been obtained regarding the name, likeness, biography and picture related to any person, including any deceased person, figuring in your submission. Copies of any such permission and consent shall be provided to Secret Agenda Art together with the submission.
- You will indemnify and hold Secret Agenda Art harmless for legal liability incurred by it on the grounds that the entry proposed would be a violation of the terms of these rules and any of the above warranties.
- Secret Agenda Art may exclude your application from the exhibition if you breach these rules, breach any applicable law, or take any act or are party to any act or thing prejudicial to Secret Agenda Art’s goodwill, reputation or overall public image..
- Secret Agenda Art is not providing any prize or any other benefit in connection with this exhibition.
- Selected artists are responsible for the shipping and insurance of their works.
- Secret Agenda Art accepts no responsibility for any damage, loss, liabilities, injury or disappointment incurred or suffered by you relating to this exhibition.
- Secret Agenda Art further disclaims liability for any injury or damage to your or any other person’s computer relating to or resulting from participation in or downloading any materials in connection with the exhibition.
- Secret Agenda Art reserves the right at any time and from time to time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, this exhibit, with or without prior notice, including due to reasons outside its control.
- The decision of Secret Agenda Art in all matters under its control is final and binding.